- What the Magician needs daylight to understand, the HP knows in the dark
- mystery, secrets, dreams, receptivity
- Paying close attention to natural rhythms and cycles (our body, nature, etc)
- Scroll on their lap = everything that ever has happened and ever will happen
- How do we draw knowledge from the depths of our inner waters without drowning in it
- What are their responsibilities as keeper of this knowledge?
- The HP is holding the scroll, not reading it, because it represents themself! Meaning our intuition is waiting to be awakened, and we are inherently divine/magical. The HP represents the humanity of the cosmos.
- The body as a vessel for the holiest of mysteries and divine experiences.
- The universe is both orderly and chaotic. We understand it to a point and then there is mystery and that is not linear or cumulative. There is no eventual elimination of mystery, we are both understandable and mysterious.
- We carry in our body all the wisdom we’re searching for
- “Imagine an open space in the centre of your chest where all wisdom resides, and let the answer come to you.” (Slow Holler) Listen closely to all that is within and beyond our human ways of knowing.
- Listening means no assumptions or defenses
- Feeling is an important and legitimate way of knowing
- Slowing down to cultivate stillness and calm
- Unlocks our rich inner life, hidden gifts and talents
- Learning to be here, not dissociating or leaving our body/community but staying present amongst injustice. Intuition is imagination grounded in the present moment
- Bewildered and frustrated by mystery
- Finding it difficult to listen to our feelings
- The weight of truth, of being keeper of the mystery
- Trying to force intuition
- The threshold between self doubt and enlightenment
- “Remember the future.” Stephen Hawking
- “I am listening now with all of my senses as if the whole universe might exist just to teach me more about love… I notice the more I pay attention, the more I see order, clear messages, patterns, and invitations in the small or seemingly random things that happen in my life. This practice lets me connect to the part of myself that is divine, aligned with the universe, and the place within myself where I can be a conduit for truth.” Emergent Strategy
- Element: Water
- Astro: Moon
- Gateway: Right Ear
- Animals:Deer, Camel, Dog, Boar, Cow, Bear, Cats, Dung Beetle, Herons, Owls, Shellfish, Eels
- Plants: Hazel, Moonwort, Cypress, Cabbage, Cucumber, Gardenia, Lily, Lotus, Vines, Mushrooms, Poppy, Willow, Mugwort, Blue Lotus, Chickweed, Jasmine, Pomegranate, Yarrow
- Crystals: Moonstone, Labradorite, Emerald, Pearl, Chalcedony, Selenite
- Perfume: Myrtle, Bay Hyssop, Olives, Camphor, Aloe, Myrrh, Jasmine
- Gifts and Attributes: Wisdom and Folly
- Mythology: Artemis, Hekate, Isis, Hathor, Nut, Demeter, Persephone
- Musical Note: G#
Deck Specific Analysis
Use these questions as guidelines for getting to know the Magician, specifically as interpreted by your deck.
- What is the colour scheme? What does this tell me about the card?
- Describe the living beings and how they interact:
- Any symbols on the card? What do they mean?
- What is the numerology behind the number zero?
- Describe the environment (what is going on in the background?) What does this tell me about the card?
- How does the card make me feel?