- A visionary explorer of humanity, committed to being in right relationship with the people/places/things around them, committed to praticing the future together, living into new stories to create a new world
- Card zero, it exists outside of time and social norms, does the unexpected and reimagines tradition.
- An embryonic state, the world before the big bang
- Initiation of the cycle that leads us back to wholeness
- Rooted in the present, moving from moment to moment without analyzing what’s come before or what has yet to come
- Boundless energy that has no limits, no definition
- “You weren’t starving before you got here, you were born full” - Chani Nicholas
- Shows up when we’re making decisions that affect our life path, an urge to make radical decisions towards continual self development without judgement.
- Leaping into the unknown
- Staying humble in the face of the unknown
- Getting intimate with what we don’t know (including fear and self-doubt)
- Black holes are portals!
- Divinely guided, if we are asked to leap we won’t fail
- Not having an explanation for leaping but an inner knowing
- Like birds migrating, feeling a call in their bodies to go and responding to it
- Feeling supported enough to take a risk, trusting our feet
- Does your path set your heart on fire, glowing with ambition? What does the journey mean? What does it cost? (Slow Holler)
- The Fool teaches us emergence by connecting all the cards in the major arcana. Whenever we want to move from one card to the next, we embody the Fool.
- The Fool’s Journey is a revolutionary journey. We cannot live someone else’s truth, regardless of how much it resonates with us. To transform we must walk our own path.
- Fear of leaping, not trusting our inner knowing
- We never lose the opportunity to leap, we don’t have to take a risk until we feel supported enough to leap
- Honouring our nervous system
- I trust myself in the face of the unknown.
- “The journey is the work, the work is the journey.” (Emergent Strategy)
- “All possibilities are open to me as I endlessly experience the here and now.” (Mary K Greer)
- Element: Air
- Astro: Uranus
- Gateway: Chest
- Animals: Eagle, crocodile, birds, butterflies, insects
- Plant: Dandelion, Astragalus, Borage, Elecampane, Peppermint, Rose, Red Clover, Star Anise, Aspen, Bamboo, Linden, Almond, Pine, Papyrus, Fern, Dill, Lavender
- Crystals: Amethyst, Aquamarine, Topaz, Chalcedony, Aluminum, Tin, Pumic, Clear Quartz
- Perfume: Galbanum, Grass, Pines/Firs
- Gifts and Attributes: Air - Temperate
- Mythology: Harpocrates, Zeus, Jupiter, Vayu, Valkyries
- Musical Note: E
Deck Specific Analysis
Use these questions as guidelines for getting to know the Fool, specifically as interpreted by your deck.
- What is the colour scheme? What does this tell me about the card?
- Describe the living beings and how they interact:
- Any symbols on the card? What do they mean?
- What is the numerology behind the number zero?
- Describe the environment (what is going on in the background?) What does this tell me about the card?
- How does the card make me feel?